What is a self guided supported Cycling tour?
If you're looking for "Active Travel" then a self guided supported cycling tour may be for you. Whether you've been working to plan that dream tour and need help working out the logistics or you need a suggestion for a tour that will meet your travel wish list Go West may be right for you.
Services we provide:
- Vehicle transportation to ride starts and transportation back to vehicles if needed.
- SAG stops for multi-day rides (we'll move your stuff so you don't have to carry it on your bike).
- Daily ride briefing reviewing the days route, stopping points along the route, fun facts or interesting sights, cautions and emergency assistance.
- Ride assistance for riders struggling on route.
- Bike service on route and at the end of each day of riding.
- Transportation to grocery stores or restaurants for meals.
- Emergency services while on route.
We have experience in planning bicycle tours. Let us help you plan your route or choose from on of our pre-planned tours. We will also provide assistance in using maps and other resources to navigate while on tour.
Advantages of a self guided supported Tour:
- You choose the group you travel with. Go West offers support for groups of 2-12 travelers.
- You choose the dates for your tour. Start your tour when it's convenient for you.
- A self guided supported tour is affordable. For more information on pricing please give us a call.
- Choose your own route. Whether you want to challenge yourself climbing high mountain passes or have a leisurely tour the choice is yours.
Family friendly tours
Go West has been working with kids and families for over 40 years. Whether you have little ones riding in a trailer or teens ready to ride along Go West can help you to plan a tour that is right for your family. See an example of a tour that would be appropriate for a family with kids of all ages.
Support for day rides
Go West supports day rides for cyclists. If you need transportation to the start of a ride or back to your car after a one way trip Go West can be your ride. In addition to transportation we can help you plan your route and provide supports along the way. Have the peace of mind that if you or someone in your group needs to abandon the ride because of weather or riding challenges we'll be there for you. We've got some great day rides available near our home base in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Our supported day rides include:
- Phantom Canyon
- Gold Camp Road
- Santa Fe Trail (Fountain to Palmer Lake)
- Pikes Peak
Our touring experience includes:
- Rio Grande Trail Aspen to Glenwood Springs
- Summit County Exploration (Vail, Frisco, Breckenridge)
- Grand Valley Exploration (Fruit, Grand Junction, Colorado National Monument)
- Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes
- Mickelson Trail
- Katy Trail
- Southern Tier
Go West can provide a ride leader for your tour. Andrew and Dave Go West's owners can lead you on your cycling adventure. Andrew and Dave are certified through the League of American Bicyclists and the International Mountain Biking Association. We have trip leading experience and can help with bike maintenance along the route. Please contact us for more information about a guided tour or day ride.